Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's Officially Gem-Can't-Catch-A-Break Year

I was starting to think that things were looking up. Instead, one step forward, two steps back.

We got The Man's car back from the shop this morning. I was excited because that meant that even if he was still working I could still go to the get-together this evening with my family. After we got his car I ran to the pet store to grab some foods for the fuzzies. On the way back I hopped on the highway to get to The Shop a little faster. About 10 miles from my exit my car started acting funny. It started jerking a little bit and having trouble accelerating. It got to the point where I'd have to floor it to get it to accelerate. My MPG went from around 23 to 8. As I was getting off the highway I noticed black smoke coming out the back of my car when I was on the gas. The acceleration problems started getting more severe. Finally, about 3-4 miles from The Shop, my car broke down completely. I was thankfully able to get it off the main road. I called and told The Man. He's working but will be able to get to it at some point this afternoon to call AAA. I tried calling a couple of people I knew for a lift to the shop but they either didn't answer or had their others using their vehicles. So Little Girl and I got to walk to The Shop. Did I mention that it's gotten cold again? Oh yeah, and it's raining. Of freakin' course.

So I'm about to give up on making it to see my family tonight. And my grandmother's going to be there! She lives almost 2 hours away from my folks, who live about an hour and 15 from me.

**Grr**

No comments:

Post a Comment