Tuesday, May 11, 2010

And I'll Get Discount Pup Care!

When I was younger I always wanted to be a veterinarian. Unfortunately I had issues with my financial aid after my first year of college. One thing led to another and I never went back for my degree. I have a certificate in Surgical Technology but that was SO not the job for me.

I decided today that I want to try to become a veterinary tech. The closest program that I can find is an hour away from me. It's unfortunately out of state so it's a bit on the expensive side. I was talking to a friend of mine on the west coast who is a vet tech and said that some places that will do experience-trained techs; basically on the job training. With my background in surgical tech I'm hoping I can find someone to take me on in that way...

Stay tuned for Gem's Veterinary Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment