Thursday, February 18, 2010

Beginnings

The Olympics are killing me.

I can't take these late nights. We've been getting so little sleep lately. Normally we're in bed, reading, by 10:30 AT THE LATEST. Because we've been going to bed around midnight, we've been trying to catch up on our sleep in the mornings. Of course this really throws the rest of the day out of whack, not to mention the poor dogs. They're used to breakfast no later than 7am. Now I'm TRYING to wake up at 8, 8:30.

It's only every two years though, so it's worth it, right?!

Today is going to be even tougher. We stayed up watching the Olympics and packing The Man's bags for a business trip. In bed at midnight. The alarm came early at 4:30. Drove him to the airport. By the time I got home I was AWAKE. I think I dozed off at around 8 for an hour or so.

I'm so tired my eyes feel fuzzy.

Then, in a moment of weakness and guilt I decided to bring both the dogs with me to The Shop. Normally I only bring Little Girl and leave Stinkinstien at home. He's a grumpy old bastard and whines the whole day. I usually forget this about once a month and bring him in. It makes for a very very long day. He's better in the summertime because he likes to lay outside in the sun but I still haven't broken him of his habit of barking at everything that moves.

Oh the joy of rescue dogs.

Alright. Well I'm sure this wasn't the most stimulating post you've ever read. But again... Brain. Hurt.

And also, that's how I roll.


2pm Update:

A friend came to the shop which enabled me to take Stinky home. Also gave me the chance to run to Subway for a Deluxe Veggie and some chocolate milk. Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment