Thursday, April 8, 2010


Hey ya'll. I'm back.

It's been mad crazy around here.

March 30th. Middle kid's car's transmission blew. Guess who got to drive her to work, pick her up from work, then back to where she works to switch cars with The Man so she could use his when we were on vacation? Oh, and her work is 45 minutes away. I didn't get STARTED on packing until 8pm that night. And my back was killing me from all the time spent in the driver seat. Oi.

March 31st. Up at 4am. Catch the bus at 5am. 7am arrive at airport. Airplane supposed to take off at 9:30am. Didn't take off until 10am. Still arrived in St. Louis with enough time to catch our flight to Vegas. (!) Despite that small bit of awesome, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SUCKS BALLS. I will never fly Southwest again even if they give me free tickets for life. A) Families/couples want to sit TOGETHER. Your system of loading (A-1-30, A-31-60, B-1-30, B-31-60) might seem like a good idea, but when a couple gets loaded onto a 4 hour flight as numbers B45 and B46 they will not be able to sit together because you don't have assigned seats! All those people who are traveling alone and load beforehand all snatch up the window and aisle seats leaving only middle seats for the last people to board. Yeah, The Man and I sat 10 aisles apart for a 4 hour flight! And he had all the food! Needless to say that SUCKED. B) When you have people that have to catch a connecting flight within 30 minutes of landing, it would be cool if you would could make an announcement to let them off first. We almost missed our connector flight because of the anarchy of people trying to shove over their neighbors and get off the flight as fast as humanly possible. Most of those people are just rushing to go stand at the baggage carosel and wait 30-45 minutes for their bags to show up anyway. LET US GET TO OUR DAMN FLIGHTS. Don't even tell me you didn't know we were on there or that we had the connector. You knew you bastards... You knew. C) We're grown ass adults. Think we could have an entire can of soda? Please?

That all said, we will only fly JetBlue from here on out. Movies, whole cans of soda, more snacks if we ask, thoughtfulness to let us catch connectors; TOTALLY worth the extra $.

April 1-4. Vegas! Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend was awesome! We met a lot of new awesome cool people. Saw a lot of hot-rods, tattoos and boobies. =) Bought waaaaay to much cool stuff for both ourselves and The Shop. I got a metal flake gold purse! The casinos on the other hand, not cool. The Man and I decided that Hell is sitting at a slot machine next to a decrepid old person, being forced to listen to all the bings and whistles and having to breathe in second hand smoke for all of eternity. At least there'll be beer. PBR's for $2! We were surprised that we ate pretty well out there though. TGIFriday's were more than happy to make us pasta dishes sans meat. They make a mean Tuscan Spinach Dip. Oh, and grilled cheeses with tomato! We found veggie burgers at Fuddruckers. Tofu and stir-fried veggies at a noodle house. Salads every time we turned around! And room service had cream of wheat and fresh fruit for breakfast. Mmm... All in all a good time in Vegas. Not in any way, shape or form a RELAXING vacation, but fun.

April 5. Spent all day traveling home. Landed on the east coast at 10pm. Our bus didn't leave until 11:30pm. Arrived back at the car at 1:30am. Drove home, showered and hit the sack at 3am.

April 6. The Man's birthday! A big one this year. He turned 50! I got him a leopard print silk smoking jacket that I gave him before we left for Vegas so he could bring with. He loved it and it's freakin' hysterical! On his birthday I gave him the PBS special on the history of India and a Fenway magnet. Not big deal stuff but he loved them! He always says he has everything and he pretty much does. He loves tiki's, art, music and beer. Any of those make good gifts. =) Middle kid showed up with The Man's car at 7am and I had to get up to bring her to work by 8am. Read it, 4 HOURS of sleep! Sucked so bad. Picked up the dogs and headed over to The Shop.

April 7. Again, drove Middle Kid to work by 8. At The Shop the rest of the day.

April 8. First Born Kid's birthday. She's in NYC, so we didn't get to spend any time. But there were phone calls and texts and Facebook. Drove Middle Kid to work by 8. Out at 1 and needed to get back to where The Grandbaby is so I had to shut down The Shop, pick up Middle, drive another 45 minutes to where Grandbaby was, pick her up, drop them off at Middle's mothers house and then drive the hour and a half back to The Shop. Fell asleep trying to watch Shurlock Holmes with The Man.

Finally reached today... Whew.

First off. I don't think my vacation refreshed me at all. I feel more exhausted than before we left! I do not doubt that that is in part because of the whole stupid car situation. Middle's all freaked out because she doesn't have a car. I don't know that I have the energy to get into her story right now... That'll be another post some other day I think.

Speaking of no energy... I think my thyroid's off. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 16. Whoa. 10 years ago. Daymn. Just realized that. Anyway. My levels have been pretty steady for that whole time. Last summer however, I gained a lot of weight. It was a really really stressful summer. We had to move in June, which is right when The Shop starts picking up for the summer, not to mention the fact that it rained that entire month. I didn't get time to unpack much because in the summer I'm at The Shop every single day. August was when First Girl started getting sick. She died in late September. Needless to say, there were quite a few months that I was VERY stressed. I admit it. I'm a horrible stress eater. I am, right now, about 40-50 pounds overweight. I'm not proud of the fact. I hate it. I can't really seem to do much about it however. I am SO exhausted ALL the time. I believe that my med's might be off. Too low because of all the weight gain. However, because we're self-employed, we also have no health insurance. To try to keep from spending hundreds of dollars to get blood work done I've been trying to get to the free clinic near here. They don't make that easy however. They're open Mondays and Thursdays, 6pm-8pm. They only accept 12 people a night and they do not do appointments. So basically you have to show up an hour before they open to try to be one of the 12 people they take in. Holy cow. Not easy.

So I don't feel good energy wise. I want to be sleeping all the time. The Man doesn't really understands and hassles me because I don't exercise much anymore. Which makes me more stressed and causes me to eat and nap even more. Talk about exasperation! Oh, and on top of all of that... A doctor friend of ours recently told me he believes that I may have fibromyalgia. It's the over-activity of pain receptors. That would definitely explain why things that I know SHOULDN'T hurt me DO actually hurt me. The Man says I over react because honestly, a playful poke in the thigh SHOULDN'T ellicit such a painful reaction... But most things do hurt me more than they should and it just exasperates the exhaustion and the stress.

Okay. Well I've been at this blog post for ENTIRELY way too long. It's way too long. If you've read the whole thing, you've awed me. I love you for it. And to show my appreciation, I give you this...

After going back and forth on whether I wanted to share pictures of myself, I've finally decided to go for it. Here is me in all my exhausted and overweight glory! I'm bummed that I wasn't showcasing my fabulous gold purse in this picture but I do have on my marvelous new tortoise shell framed sunglasses! And that's my favorite dress. It has postcards from Hawaii all over it. Huzzah!


  1. Oh, I'm totally with you on the flying thing, I hate flying soooo much, and the stress of trying to catch a connecting flight always makes me surly. Thankfully I don't have to do it very often.

    I love your dress! :)

  2. Nice post! I saw you on Rainy's site and stopped by. Glad I did. Cheers.

  3. Thank you two you both! **Hugs**

  4. ...Wow... Late night and I was thinking, two people... So yeah, thank you TO you both! **Hugs**